Passport Stamp Program
The many stories of our heritage are told in museums, historic sites, and natural areas throughout the Champlain Valley region. As a partner of the U.S. National Park Service (NPS), the CVNHP participates in the NPS Passport Stamp Program where visitors log their experiences at parks, landmarks and heritage areas across the country.
The CVNHP produced its first passport to celebrate the commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the NPS in 2016. The passport included 11 sites that represent the arts, outdoor recreation, land conservation, military history, commerce, natural history, wildlife conservation, and other aspects of the national heritage area. Since then, the CVNHP has used a custom-designed passport to promote each year’s interpretive theme.
Women’s Suffrage Passport
In 2021, the CVNHP is focusing on its Making of Nations theme, highlighting the Centennial of Women’s Suffrage in the United States. Collectors that get stamps from seven of the eleven participating sites will get a limited-edition “Forward Into Light” challenge coin that features Suffragist Inez Milholland on a white charger. Milholland spent her summers in Lewis, New York where she is buried.
The coins are distributed at the CVNHP offices in the Gordon-Center House—a passport stamp location—at 54 West Shore Road in Grand Isle, Vermont. Office hours are limited this year, so please call ahead: 802-372-3213.
You also can pick up a passport at any of the other participating sites:
- American Museum of Fly Fishing, Manchester, VT
- ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center, Burlington, VT
- Green Mountain National Forest, Rutland, VT
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, Vergennes, VT
- Lake Champlain Visitors Center, Crown Point, NY
- Lake George Historical Assoc. & Museum, Lake George, NY
- Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge, Swanton, VT
- Pember Museum of Natural History, Granville, NY
- Plattsburgh State Art Museum, Plattsburgh, NY
- Saratoga National Historical Park, Stillwater NY
So, get your passport stamped for exploration, inspiration and adventure!